Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Holiday Card Season!

Michael's is stocked with Christmas kitsch and my beloved Costco is advertising holiday photo cards.  This means it's safe to post about a DIY greeting card idea without being that jack...o' lantern who preemptively talks about the holiday season!



**First things first, tune Pandora to the Christmas Jazz station.  This will surely enhance your DIY experience.**

I had a lot of fun making these greeting cards last year.  In the spirit of doing things the good old-fashioned way, hubby and I strapped on our boots and took a long walk to Michael's to pick up some supplies.  Usually he only makes it as far as the entrance - claiming feelings of nausea from the so-called scent of fake flowers inside (can you IMAGINE if I felt "faint" every time we got to a brewery...would we even still be married??) - but this time, it must have been the holiday spirit which ushered him inside.  Or some threats that I conveniently don't recall.  No matter :-D
He was a sport and gave me the final nod of approval on beautiful sparkly adhesive snowflakes and eye-catching Tiffany blue envelopes.  I repurposed shimmery card stock ordered around the time of our wedding, cut and folded each page in half, and wrote a personal message inside using metallic pens.  After adorning each card with a snowflake (used a dab of glue for reinforcement), I tucked them away in the envelopes and walked them down to the post office.

In spite of my sub-par mechanical skills, this was an easy breezy DIY project and a nice way to spread some homemade holiday cheer...while getting exercise to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment