Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stop Dilly Dallying, Start Doing

I've spent a year and a half, maybe even two years, worrying about getting my blog just right.  Spent countless hours thinking, writing, perfecting...and rarely publishing.  And then I came home this weekend and in two hours, my sister came up with a vision for her blog, designed it, produced it and started writing on it, fearlessly.  I think this proves that she is superior to me in all walks of life, but that's ok because I'm still my parents' favorite ;-) Anyway, the point is that I am lucky that the two people I spend the most time with in life, my sister and husband, are big time do-ers and non-worriers, people I can learn a lot from.  The way it goes is that they give me advice, I don't listen, and then later I change my mind and decide they were right.

So it took me awhile to get here.  My MO has always been thorough, thoughtful, methodical.  But I'm here now. And I have a lot to share about some of the things I love the most.  And I want to challenge myself to learn how to think in a different way.  Unstructured, spontaneous, roll with the punches.


I wasn't blessed with great mechanical skills, but I have a really sharp memory and I'm going to use it to give you all sorts of travel advice from all the places I have been lucky enough to visit.  I'm going to blah blah yada yada about healthy foods and sound like an extremist talking about how we have banned cereal and ketchup from our kitchen, but I really just want to be educated about food, enjoy the good stuff often and the not-so-good stuff sparingly, and gush about how happy food makes me and the togetherness it creates with my foodie friends and fam who are so awesome - not only because they love food - but because they are good, down-to-earth people at the core.  And one more thing, I am all about learning and sharing, so lots of that too.


Thanks for standing behind me sis, 
hubz and future readers :)

2 comments:

  1. I just read this again and digested it all. It brought a tear to my eye. I love you lots and think you are doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sis :) Especially for being an inspiration and for your unwavering encouragement.

    ReplyDelete