Sunday, December 30, 2012

Peering in to the Crystal Ball



I know I am posting this diy gift idea just as the holiday season is coming to a close (had to make sure gift recipients didn't catch wind of this surprise via the web!), but if you plan ahead like me, you'll want to keep this idea in your back pocket when the 2013 wedding season begins.


To be perfectly honest, making these ornaments wasn't totally pre-planned...for some unexplained reason, which would only be revealed to me while surfing Pinterest one day, I hung on to a few of my friends' wedding invitations.  I guess I just really liked them - the invitations, that is...well, ok, the friends too ;-)

I love the idea of preserving a wedding keepsake in a personalized, handmade holiday gift.  And if your intended recipients haven't reached matrimonial status yet, you can always get crafty and repurpose leftover gift wrap or anything else "ribbon-esque":


Materials:
Glass Ornaments from Michael's
Sharp scissors for curling

How To:
Cut wedding invitation, wrapping paper, etc. in to long strips (but don't leave too much non-text space).

Curl individual pieces using scissors as you would with ribbon - depending on the thickness of the invitation, this may be a bit difficult, but give it your best shot.

Remove stopper on ornament and drop enough curled pieces inside of ornament to appear full.  Replace stopper, decorate outside of ornament if desired and present to friend!



3 comments:

  1. This is one of the cutest, most creative gift ideas I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! Now, maybe I should make one for my husband :)

    ReplyDelete