Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Festive Colors of Clean Food

Plating by Meera; Photography by Preetham; Consultation by Spouses
Sometimes I look at sleep as merely the time that passes between dinner and breakfast.  Haha kidding, I do love my slumber dearly.  But I can't lie and say that I wasn't dreaming of coffee, eggs and fruit as soon as dinner was over.  Morning couldn't arrive fast enough.


For breaky, we made scrambled eggs on toasted ciabatta bread, topped with guacamole (since it didn't make a cameo on the dinner menu the night before!  Remember, no one leaves Reddy Kitchen without getting their fill of guac) and accompanied by a bowl of what we dubbed as "Christmas fruit"pink lady apple, pear, pomegranate and a sprig of mint.  Fruit is a key element in our breakfasts and on the weekends, when time doesn't feel so scant, it's nice to enjoy them whole.  No doubt we're a fan of smoothies, but to switch things up, we try to reserve them for weekday mornings or a mid-afternoon snack.


Clean. Simple. Whole.

Not pictured: Simple Smoked Salmon Sandwich by special request :)

Music station of choice: Christmas Jazz on Pandora

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE-LOV-LOVE the combination of textures and flavors. I can almost tast the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice way to start Saturday morning...and a great use of the fruit bowls I inherited from Mom!

    ReplyDelete